Monday, November 1, 2010

Transcontinental Terror

No review for this six hour series brought to you on Halloween night by Icebox Radio's Jeffrey Adams on his Sound Stages Internet Radio Station. Just a plea that it goes on next year with a little more promotion and a little more planning. I enjoyed the couple of hours I caught of it, but I have a love/hate relationship with radio based on the simple fact that I've gotten spoiled with podcasts.

Some days its fun to just pop on Sound Stages and hear what's playing, but most times I'm listening to Audio Drama in the car and so until Internet Radio can get its own satellite like XM it's not going to have the same impact in my listening schedule. There was a good mix of shows on this schedule. Horror audio drama seems like a staple for people and Halloween is an opportunity to capitalize on that popularity.
If you haven't had a chance to listen, most of the shows are available on their own company's websites now. Next year, I'd like to see the theme explored even more tightly, with maybe a weaving central host that has a tighter connection to all the stories.
Maybe I'm just a man sitting at an empty train station though...waiting for a ghost. But I hope the terror locomotive makes annual runs.

2 comments:

  1. So..you are back..?
    Maybe a little more promotion and planning..?
    Haa.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the mend, but I've had some setbacks too.
    My thanks for your kind words,
    Warmly,
    ~J. Snowe

    ReplyDelete